I signed up for this thing from Real Simple magazine where they email you a new cookie recipe (every day I think?) until Christmas. I tried this one the other day and they were amazing! I planned to freeze half to save for later and they never made it to the freezer!
Gingerbread Cookies
2 3/4 C. flour
1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 C. unsalted butter, at room temp.
2/3 C. sugar
1/2 C. molasses
1 egg
1 C. powdered sugar
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till smooth, add the molasses and egg and beat till fluffy, about 2 min. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add in flour mixture, mixing just till incorporated. shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 min. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 in. thick, cut with cookie cutters, place on parchment lined or greased cookie sheets. bake until firm, 10-12 min. cool completely before icing.
place powdered sugar in a small bowl and gradually add 1 TB water till a thick icing forms, transfer to a plastic bag and snip a small hole in the corner. decorate cookies and let set.
*I made dough a little thicker than 1/4 in. and they were super chewy and yummy!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Let the cookie making frenzy begin!
Posted by noahpaul at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
sounds good! did you here there is a winter advisory for Manhattan today (16 Nov 09)!
Post a Comment