So, I was warned before we came down here about the bugs and it was all true... This is (I think) a palmetto bug? pretty common down here, basically a huge beetle that looks like a cockroach, nice... I found him the other day just walking across the living room in the middle of the afternoon like he owned the place. My solution to the bug problem (besides spraying, which we have not done yet) is to get a big bowl and put it over the offender until Adam gets home from work=) The other day though I was cooking in the kitchen and William actually brought me a LIVE spider that he found in the living room, OH my gosh!!! I don't think I can overestate how much I freaked out. I have a serious problem with spiders and I'm surprised I didn't scare the boys with my reaction. Thankfully, they actually seemed to find it funny. Noah said "mom, why were you screaming like that?"
Then, yesterday we found a tiny tree frog in the entry, he's kind of hard to see in the picture. Frogs don't bother me, which was good, since both the boys were scared to death! I tried to get them to pick it up and throw it back outside and they were not getting close to it! So, I had to do that one myself=)

4 comments:
Phinn would have put the frog outside for you. He loves them. I have a feeling I'm going to find some creepy crawlies in a pocket one of these days.
I'm not a big fan of spiders and bugs but I have to say the bowl thing cracks me up.
Lynn--Thanks for a good laugh. I would be the EXACT same way...I hate spiders. I think it's hilarious that the boys that it was funny that you were screaming. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Lynn, you're hysterical! Love it! I would have been right there with you screaming : } Even the frog would have gotten a scream. Thanks goodness for large bowls and brooms. Love you sweetie,
Connie
lol. That's so funny that they were O.K. with the spider but not the frog!
love&prayers
Post a Comment