Saturday, May 26, 2012

a moment of incredible sweetness

We're all still adjusting to life with four kids and some days it's just hard, but moments like this make it all worthwhile and remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing.  I'm so glad I got out the camera to capture this moment, because in all honestly, it lasted about 25 seconds before Truman and Will started wrestling on the floor and Ele started fussing, but it was sweet while it lasted...

 

Speaking of being reminded, I read this in my "Above Rubies" magazine and hope maybe it can be an encouragement to another mom:
"You know you are called by God.  This is your affirmation which you confess every morning.
I am not languishing. 
I am not deceived.
I have a vision. 
I know who I am and who God created me to be.
I know my purpose.  I am walking in the perfect will of God.
I know it's not easy, but I've counted the cost.  My goal is set.
How could my career be easy when I am influencing a nation for God,
generations to come - and eternity?
How could it be easy when I am destroying the plans of the devil?
Such is the power of my God-mandated career, the highest calling ever given to women - motherhood.
I have embraced my calling. 
I am not intimidated by my antagonists.
I will not be moved.
My heart is fixed.
I may be hidden in my home, but look out world!
I am sharpening my arrows.
I am getting them ready to shoot forth and destroy the adversary.
In the power and anointing of God, I am advancing God's Kingdom."
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: