Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hey, we're ok!

I've been getting a lot of calls and emails about the storm last night so I thought I would just do a post for concerned friends and family=) We're fine and our neighborhood is fine, there was a lot of damage here in town, or so I've heard (I haven't really been able to leave the house!) I will try and post more info when I get it and maybe some pictures! For now what I know is that there was a good amount of homes destroyed and a lot of damage to the K-state campus. Adam called me on his way to the clinic this morning and said that he was having trouble getting there because so many roads were closed through campus and he said that he saw several homes on the way with their roofs torn off. The campus is about 5 minutes driving time from our house! This was a little too close for comfort for me! We ended up taking both the boys under the bed in Noah's room, since we don't have a basement, and prayed a lot! Thankfully, these Kansans know how to track storms! We had our little TV in there with us and knew at all times exactly where the tornado (1/2 a mile wide!) was as it moved through our town. At one point they said it was on the ground at Bluemont Hill, which is honestly just a 2 or 3 minute drive from us, but from that point I think it lifted over us and then touched down again NE of us and continued on! I was talking to my neighbors this morning and they said that they went out right after it passed and, standing on their truck, could see it on the ground heading up towards the NE. Thank God for his protection and so far I haven't heard of any major injuries here in Manhattan, which is pretty amazing considering the damage! Will post more later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD !!!! He hears our prayers!!! love you, papamama

Bekah said...

so glad you are all okay. i hate tornados. so scary. miss you all.