Noah has been talking so much more lately, which makes for some pretty hilarious conversations! Yesterday he was looking out our sliding glass door at some storm clouds coming in and he said:
"Oh hi thunderstorm,what you doing? Look at my granola bar, look, I take a bite!" (there has been a lot of talk about thunderstorms and "tor-ma-tos" lately...)
But the last couple days before bed he has been saying the most precious things. A couple nights ago this was our conversation (of course you have to imagine noah talking in his little boy language that mainly only adam and I can understand=):
noah: goodnight Jesus
mom: you dont' really have to say goodnight to Jesus because He is always with you
noah: .....I can't see Him?
mom: He is in your heart
noah: in my heart?! (grabbed his stomach) Get Him out of there! He needs to come out! I need to help Him!
mom: He wants to be in there, He lives in the hearts of everyone who loves Him, like mommy and daddy
noah: and william?
mom: yes
noah: and sammy?
mom: hmmm...sure (he's only two, I guess we'll get to that later=)
Then, today before his nap he prayed:
"Dear Jesus, thanks that we got to fill up the pool.....thanks for animals...thanks for big hippos...thanks for little hippos...thanks for lightning McQueen" =) at that point I think he was just looking around his room and naming things, I was cracking up.
It really is the little things!
3 comments:
Oh how I love this post. I love, love, love little boy prayers. It's so hard not to laugh sometimes when they are being so serious thanking God for everything in the room. Sweet Noah.
Well this just brought me to tears! From the mouths of babes. The innocence and blind faith that we all need to copy. I love you sooo much Noey! Love, Noni <3
so funny. i laughed out loud. listening to children pray is one of the best things in life!
Post a Comment