I just got this recipe from one of Adam's classmates and tried it out this weekend. They turned out really good, a little crunch on top and chewy in the center, yummy! And seeing as how I hail from the "pumpkin capital of the world", I thought this was a good one to have in my cookie repertoire=)
Pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 C canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 C chocolate chips
1/2 C chopped walnutes or pecans
preheat oven to 350, grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together sugar and shortening. Beat in egg, then pumpkin and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients, add gradually to the creamed mix. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfulls on to cookie sheets (these cookies spread very little).
Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
new recipe to share
Posted by noahpaul at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment