so, I'm crying as I type this (my husband will be relieved to hear that I have a heart when it comes to our dog). I'm so glad I took these pics a few weeks ago, because we finally had to find a new home for our sam-sam. He just never did well with tolerating the boys, as I'm sure most of you know, and consequently was spending most of his life in his cage, it wasn't a good life for a dog. So, for YEARS we have been trying to find another good home for him with family or friends and never found anyone, until a few weeks ago, Adam mentioned at work that we were sending him off to the Italian Grehound rescue society (we were just sick to do that) and one of his co-workers said that she thought her Dad would take him because he was just about to pay $1,000 for an IG down in Texas! So anyways, long story short, her Dad actually came up and got Sam and drove him back down to TX where Sam met his new IG brother in his new home=) It makes us feel so much better to know that he is in a good home with someone who loves dogs and understands about the quirkiness of the IG breed. We'll miss Sammy, but hopefully this next chapter of his doggy life will be filled with lot of walks, trips to the dog-park and rides in this guys side-car that he got for his motorcycle just for his dogs (i'm not kidding) =)
Monday, May 17, 2010
Goodbye old friend
so, I'm crying as I type this (my husband will be relieved to hear that I have a heart when it comes to our dog). I'm so glad I took these pics a few weeks ago, because we finally had to find a new home for our sam-sam. He just never did well with tolerating the boys, as I'm sure most of you know, and consequently was spending most of his life in his cage, it wasn't a good life for a dog. So, for YEARS we have been trying to find another good home for him with family or friends and never found anyone, until a few weeks ago, Adam mentioned at work that we were sending him off to the Italian Grehound rescue society (we were just sick to do that) and one of his co-workers said that she thought her Dad would take him because he was just about to pay $1,000 for an IG down in Texas! So anyways, long story short, her Dad actually came up and got Sam and drove him back down to TX where Sam met his new IG brother in his new home=) It makes us feel so much better to know that he is in a good home with someone who loves dogs and understands about the quirkiness of the IG breed. We'll miss Sammy, but hopefully this next chapter of his doggy life will be filled with lot of walks, trips to the dog-park and rides in this guys side-car that he got for his motorcycle just for his dogs (i'm not kidding) =)
Posted by noahpaul at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to Sammy. But, I'm very happy he has a great new home. Sidecar, hmm? Sounds like the life for a pup.
i'm so glad you found such an awesome place to move sam to. so sad to see him go i'm sure but he'll love all his new freedoms.
Oh Sammy, we "will" miss you. You're the only dog that always hugged me when I came into the room. Literally! You truly remembered papa and me even after months of not visiting. It made me love you all the more. I'm very happy Sam has a new home with other IG's who can play and run with him AND an owner who will take him motorcycling. I do hope he likes that. Sammy is pretty much a city slicker : } We love you Sammy and have wonderful memories and pictures of you. Love, Noni and Papa
Post a Comment